Six Years Without You

Poet
Sonu Dahal
Grade 11

–dedicated to my beloved mom

Six years have passed; yet not a day
Has chased your memory away
Your voice still echoes in my mind
So gentle; patient; warm and kind

The world kept turning; skies still blue
But nothing even felt as true
As holding hands or hearing you say
"I am proud of you"–that made my day 

I searched the stars some quite nights
Hoping you see these earthly lights
Do you watch me from above?
Wrapped in peace and endless love

I miss the way you knew my soul
Your laugh; your stories made me whole
You taught me strength with tender grace
I see your light in my own face

Though grief may come in waves and tide
Your love remains; it does not hide
You're in my heart;you are in the breeze
I'm resulting leaves and swaying trees

So I will live the way you'd want
With courage firm and spirit daunt
For though you're gone; you're never far
My guiding light; my northern star
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form